“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is a reality.” – John Lennon
This is our dream … we are needing funds for the first Australian delegation of children to attend the Montessori Model United Nations conference in New York. Please help us make our dream become reality.
- Did you know that Syria’s civil war is the worst humanitarian crisis of our time and that half the country’s pre-war population — more than 11 million people — have been killed or forced to flee their homes?
- Did you know there are more international laws regarding bananas than the trade of weapons?
- Did you know that 1,500 people are killed everyday by conflict and armed violence, in the world?
- Did you know that 12 Billion bullets are produced every year?
- Did you know that 14% of the world’s weapons are supplied by just 6 countries?
- Did you know that cybercrime has now become a business which exceeds a trillion dollars a year in online fraud, identity theft, and lost property, affecting millions of people around the world?
- Did you know that threats to cyberspace affect more than 431 millions adult victims per year – or 14 adult victims every second; one million cybercrime victims everyday?
These questions are the reason we want to go to New York and make a difference. We will get to debate these issues and negotiate and vote to find resolutions with other nations’ delegates on real and current solutions to these issues.
“Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding.’ – Albert Einstein
- We want to create a Small Arms Trade Treaty which will save hundreds of thousands of lives each year.
- We want to create a national form of identification and disposal method method for Venezuela.
- We want to actively target underground forums to cancel out powerful and easy to use cyber criminal tools, such as malware kits and botnets.
“I will write peace on your wings and you will fly all over the world.” – Sadako Sasaki
Our delegation is made up of 14 kids, with 2 kids representing each of the following countries; Syria, Myanmar, Venezuela, Lesotho, Morocco, Cuba and India and we are representing the UN DISEC (Disarmament and International Security Committee), on the topics of Cyber Security and Small Arms Trade.
As iPledg is an all or nothing crowd funding platform, which means that if we do not reach our target we get nothing and nothing is taken from your credit card. We have set a low target of $2000; the figure that we actually need to achieve is in excess of $20,000, so please do not stop with your contributions when we reach our target. If you cannot support this project financially you can still help by spreading the word with your friends using the share button.
Other successful fundraising we have done today include, bake stalls, sausages sizzles, Christmas gift stall, garage sales, Halloween party, all of which have helped chip away at our huge target to fund out trip. So please support us where you can – every donation is much appreciated and we would be delighted to share our journey and the outcome of our trip with you too.
Thank You for your support, we really appreciate every bit that you can do to help us!
Michaela, Rose, Magnus, Anneke, Ella G, Lorien, Ella F, Elliot, Isabelle, Isabella, Sienna & John